Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Grace, Grace, Grace

Ah, grace.

God has taught me a lot about grace this year.  He has shown me so much undeserved kindness lately and I am simply in awe.

A few weeks ago, I hit a car in the post office parking lot.  I left quite a large dent in their driver side door and was feeling horrible for the elderly couple who was in the car.  Thankfully neither of them were hurt.  We swapped information and continued on our day.  Two weeks passed by and finally today I decided to give them a call and check in.

Sweet lady picked up the phone and I introduced myself as the girl who hit their car at the post office a few weeks ago.  She immediately said, "Oh honey we're just going to ignore it!" I went on to say, "Ignore it?! I would like to pay for the damage I have done to your car." And she simply replied, "Honey we're just going to ignore it. It is not a priority and we are moving and you don't have to pay for it."

Wow.  That was the point in the conversation that I began crying and expressing gratitude for their kindness.  But really though.  It is to the point that big events where grace is distributed keep happening to me.  I know it was the couple's choice to choose grace in this situation, but I also am quite sure that God was the orchestrator of it all. How often do we show grace like that towards others?  I have found God to be showing me that type of grace daily lately and can show it in equal measure when given the opportunity.  (equal measure- who am I kidding he gave his son for us, but you know what I mean!)


Happy Tuesday.
xo, Kelsey Belle


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE