Thursday, January 2, 2014

Dreaming, Waiting, Wishing


Ah, a new year right? I just know its going to be a good one.  I just know it.  I think I will wake up every day saying, "Today is going to be a great day!" That will be my New Year's Resolution....because speaking positive words out loud matters.

David & i took a moment to write down dreams and goals for the year ahead (and beyond) the other day.  I have just felt freshly inspired ever since then.  It's like, "Well now its written down so let's start thinking of ways to make that happen."  A new year with new adventures. Together.

I am so excited about that, really.  Some of the things we wrote down will take a while to accomplish, but some are things we can start doing now together.  We hope to write all the adventures we take in the journal you see pictured above, such a sweet Christmas present.  I will absolutely share those on here as well.

Mary Oliver wrote, "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with this one wild, precious life?"

I want to be a girl with a story rich in detail, with a life well-lived.  I want to experience the world around me, to taste & see the creation God has so beautifully painted around me, to drink it all in.  I want to travel the world, learn new languages, meet new people, live in new places. 

I want to inspire others. I want to be courageous. I want to be adaptable. I want to be anchored to the most important things, but to be willing to let go of what's not.

This is going to be a great year.  Here's to the lessons that will be learned, good times and the joy that comes with them, the hard times and the strength that is sure to follow.

xo, Kelsey Belle





Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. I think that is a perfect resolution. I really hope that this year brings wonderful things for you!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute! I'm loving your blog and am a new follower. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on mine! :) I'll look forward to keeping in touch!

    XOXO
    Ashley
    ashleyspassionforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Kelsey! I was wanting me and Tyson to do this and then I read this post. Confirmation :)

    <3 Kendall

    thislittleheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family has a tradition of writing down our goals each year. It's so much fun to read the ones from the previous years each time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I have similar aspirations. Cheers to a year full of beauty and potential.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE