Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ezekiel 29:9

I have been reading through Ezekiel lately and noticed an interesting point that is a common struggle today.

God is speaking about the Egyptian people with disdain as they proclaimed of the Nile River in Ezekiel 29:9, "The river is mine and I made it."  In short, they got super prideful. They definitely learned to utilize the Nile, and carried out endeavors with excellence.  BUT they got so prideful that they began to claim that they created it, that they were the source.

Don't we do this sometimes?

When we allow pride to seep in, we totally do this too.  I do at least, if we're just being real here.  Isn't it a constant struggle for us to become an "expert" in our gifting and forget to recognize the source.  To secretly think, "oh I'm so good at that" when really it was God working through us.  Our natural response should be to praise him because every good and perfect gift is from above, and that includes our skills and talents and everything we excel at.  All glory and honor goes to God.

An area I personally fall into this category is a ministry that I get to be a part of called Young Life.  By helping plant this ministry at a new school in town its easy to act like its "my baby."  But really it's not. It's Gods baby.  Yes God has given me giftings to pour into this ministry to help it grow but ultimately all glory goes to Him, not me. It's HIS baby, and I get the privilege as his daughter to be a part of it.

Man lately I look around at my surroundings and can't help but want to just say again and again.  God I honor you.  What a privilege it is that he allows us to work alongside Him.  That he doesn't need us but that he let's us in on the coolest opportunities!

God is so so good. So good.

Yep that about sums it up.

xo, Kelsey Belle

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE