Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Share Your Story

One of the most powerful things I have come across is story. Not as in fairy tales, but your personal story.  One thing I know is that when people open up and share their lives with each other things shift and relationships change..for the better.

Lately I have gotten close to one of my oldest cousins.  She is the oldest and I was always the baby so there is a 12 year age gap between us.  Its not until the past two years that we really had things in common and we have bonded this past year especially.

I was over at her house a little while back and was sharing some hard things going on in my life with her and her husband. I am a pretty open book so for me this wasn't difficult, but I had no idea what was actually happening in that moment.

The next day she called me to tell me what a meaningful conversation that was for her and how she finally felt not alone because we are experiencing the same emotions toward very similar situations.  It is so easy to feel alone in a moment, or for the person next to you to feel like there is no one in the world that could relate to them.

One could go through the day, the week, the month, etc and never know that they had someone to talk to.  I challenge you to share what is going on in your life with others.  Who knows.... it might help you stumble across someone who can relate to you like you never expected, or better yet help someone to feel that they are not alone in this world.

Transparency leads to such depth in relationships. Try it!

xo, Kelsey Belle
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE