Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hippie World Travelers

I think this picture may be one of my all time favorite travel pictures.  Not just the picture because of the story behind it.

A few summers ago, I went to Peru with my friends Lexi and Kelsey.  This was no easy trip.  To get to the city of Iquitos in Northern Peru we would be traveling a total of 36 hours.  This entailed an eight-hour layover in Ft Lauderdale and a fourteen-hour layover in Lima, Peru.  We figured we would at least make the most of our time in Florida and leave the airport to go to the beach.

Well...in Ft Lauderdale, we made our way to the beach... backpacks and all. I had a Macbook Pro & a Nikon Camera in my backpack on the beach with me...a little nerve-racking...but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get some sunnies in.  It was SUCH a pretty day, and for me the only time I was on the beach in quite a while..so I was ready to make the most of it.  I brought a little travel shampoo, face wash, soap, swimsuit, towel, and extra change of clothes.  We spent a couple hours sipping iced coffee from Starbucks, laying out on the beach, and playing in the water.  When it was time to pack up and catch a taxi back to the airport, we definitely didn't want to spend the next 24 hours traveling super sandy and grimy.  This left one option:  showering in our swimsuits with our travel sized toiletries and changing at the Starbucks across the street. I literally walked into Starbucks with a towel on my head.  This was my gyspy move of the year and let me tell you it was fun!  Here is a little picture of Kels and I scrubbin it up at the local beach shower!

 Ft Lauderdale

xo, Kelsey Belle

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. - Robert Louis Stevenson



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE