Saturday, December 8, 2012

Slowing Down

If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE to surround myself with people.  I say I need about 2 hours of alone time a day to recharge and spend time with Jesus..but as for the other 22 hours in that time frame... people people people!  With this surrounding of people, I also tend to stay busy.  Is anyone with me here?  I recently had a few days to slow down over Thanksgiving Break and I realized the importance of taking a little time to yourself every once in a while.  If what I have to say isn't inspiring enough for you, have a little peak at these quotes.  Maybe they'll back me up.

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast-you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."  --Eddie Cantor

"Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you."  --John De Paola

"We are always getting ready to live but never living." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

I never want to be so focused of running from one thing to the next, even if it does include people you love and care about, that life just passes me by.  Take a minute and breath.  Enjoy life. Be present!

xo, Kelsey


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE