Saturday, December 29, 2012

Glory

Oh wow, did I miss out for a while or what. I think this happens to a lot of Christians really. Why is it that we get so caught up in the question, “How can I give God glory?” While meant with the best intentions it really translates, “What can I do?”

Something that just clicked today as I read my devotional was that simply delighting in God is what gives Him glory. Simply enjoying His presence. I say this because when I am delighting in God, I am at my best.

When I am delighting in God, I am able to better love people and most importantly give myself more fully to Him.

When I am focused on working to give Him glory, this is where I fall short. Not fall short of being good enough for Him by any means, but where I lose sight of who I am and my joy in Him. This is when I turn glorifying God into a chore when it was designed to be something we, as His creations naturally do.

Just a thought.

xo, Kelsey Belle
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. love your insight. I seldom read this on blogs. this means something. :)

    enjoy the last days of the year. :)

    xx
    ellie
    http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie! Thank you so much- I have really had it on my heart to write the things God is revealing to me about His character and the things He is teaching me along the way! Happy New Year!

      xo, Kelsey Belle

      Delete
  2. What religion are you?:) It's nice here :) Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karolina! Thank you so much. I'm a Christian...I only hope I can accurately portray the love of God on here because He is so good to me that I just want to share that with everyone! Do you have a blog?

      Delete

Theme created by PIXELZINE