Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Most Delicious of Lunches

If you know me, like really know me, you know that my chocolate consumption is a bit over-the-top, while my vegetable consumption is subpar.  I have been trying to balance things out a bit lately by eating some healthier options.  Well, actually I am trying to just eat healthy food but am keeping my chocolate consumption about the same.  Its kind of like a reward, right?  One step at a time here. Not to mention I don't feel guilty at all...for me life is an adventure and if that means eating dessert every day in these mid-twenties years that I will never get back, then I shall.

Anyways, I recently was introduced to a frequent lunch favorite by my boss Kristin called Caprese Salad, and YUM.  By the looks of it, I was already thinking, okay this is going to be too healthy for my liking.  But as soon as I popped those bright tomatoes into my mouth, an explosion of goodness happened and I was hooked.  I proceeded to have that same lunch 3 days in a row.

Its really quite easy.

Ingredients:::

1 tomato
Mozarella
Basil leaves
Olive Oil
Salt + Pepper

Preparation:::

Slice the tomatoes, put a generous chunk of mozarella topped with a a basil leaf on top.  Drizzle olive oil over the top of these beauties then garnish with salt and cracked pepper.  Trust me.  You will not regret it.

xo, Kelsey Belle

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Theme created by PIXELZINE