Friday, March 15, 2013

Merry Friday

So this one time, I had a close friend getting married. [Actually, a few close friends have gotten married at this point, but for the sake of this story: this one time.]

Anyways. Ellen moved out to Colorado a few years ago and met the man of her dreams.  She dated him a while, brought him back to Tennessee, and finally married the man!  They still live in Colorado but since her home-base has been Tennessee her whole life, she had a few wedding showers and the actual big day out here.

Well for one of these showers, the invitations mentioned bring gift cards for "easy travel back to Colorado."  This make so much sense.  By having gift cards, the bride and groom don't have to crate a ton of gifts back on the plane back to Colorado.  They can just have credit to shop at their registered places instead.

Let's back up a bit.

A) THIS girl didn't think about the fact that they flew here. They did not drive.
B) THIS girl assumed that meant bringing GAS gift cards for "easy travel back to Colorado." Yep.

So the shower begins, I stop by a Shell gas station on the way there and grab a $25 gas gift card.  I mean it sounded strange, but it's what they wanted, right? Or so I thought.

It is time to open the gifts and I'm slowly realizing everyone has gifted her and her new husband with Target, Kohl's, Belk gift cards etc. And then she opens my gift....the gas gift card.  That was the AHA moment.

Yep. I gave one of my dearest friends a gas gift card for her wedding shower.  Not my proudest moment.  But I must say it was with the best intentions! Ha!

Just a typical day in my life.

Merry Friday y'all!

xo, Kelsey Belle

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Funny :D but I understand you :D its original and practical :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is HILARIOUS! :P but pretty adorable :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab post, just followed your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahah i remmeber this. i just loled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny! But it makes sense, and it IS practical. They'll have to do some driving back in Colorado too!!

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE