Friday, January 18, 2013

A Little Confession

Okay so this is somewhat of a confession: I really love to read other peoples Bibles.  A lot of the time, I get to do this is at the end of a night babysitting.  Yes yes, you hear me correctly, if I am babysitting for you, once your kids are asleep I will most likely pick up that Bible sitting on your coffee table and see what you have underlined. I really can’t see why you would, but I hope you don’t mind this [that is if you are a family I babysit for].

But back to my main point, I really do love to read other people’s Bibles.  I feel like it is really nice to pick up a friend’s Bible and see something they have underlined and a little note to the side of it.  It may just point out a impacting verse that I may have skimmed over in the past.

I was prompted to write this passage, because while babysitting recently, I came across a note in a Bible that said “you must inhale to exhale.”  While this is a truth regarding the function of our bodies, it is also truth within daily ministry.  If we are not filled up in our own personal time with Jesus, then how the heck are we supposed to fill up others?! What a refreshing thing to stumble across.

  70861394106514071_Y7BOHy15_c

 A Bible that is falling apart usually belongs to someone who isn't. - Vance Havner


xo, Kelsey Belle

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE